Historical Downtown Revitalization
Have you visited Downtown Thorold lately? Visitors will be pleasantly surprised by the quaint shops and restored facades along Front street.
Preservation of Thorold properties
Heritage Thorold (Local Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee) is committed to the identification and preservation of Thorold’s properties. The informative A Walk Through History brochure maps and details a selection of heritage buildings and sites to admire.
Thorold Tourism suggests the following impressive properties:
For more information of designated properties visit Heritage Thorold.
Building Heritage Stories
The website, Building Stories, has a collection of photos and information of heritage buildings in Thorold and throughout Ontario. The website, operated from the Heritage Resources Centre at the University of Waterloo, may be accessed either online or through the Building Stories app.. Visit Building Stories.
Preservational Things To Do in Thorold
- Celebrate Canada 150
- Walk Through History
- Drop by the Annual Car Show
- Experience the Old Town atmosphere of Historic Downtown
- Enter the world of Shannon Passero
- Picnic at Memorial Park
- Bird-watch at Mel Swart Lake Gibson Conservation Park
- Celebrate at Battle of Beaverdams Park
- Step back into history at Henderson's Pharmacy
- Visit our historical rural communities
- Follow the Laura Secord Legacy Trail