A visit to this store is a pleasant walk down memory lane. Step onto the 90-year-old Toledo scale inside the front entrance or glance at historic pharmacy artifacts on display. See a collection of old black and white photos that chronicle the history of the pharmacy, the town and its people. Henderson’s Pharmacy has been family owned since 1939.
The store itself has been a drugstore for over 130 years. Built in 1872, the building was purchased by William MacCartney, who sold drugs, toys, fancy goods and steamship tickets. The building remained in the MacCartney family until 1939, when it was bought by Edward Henderson. John Henderson, the current owner has worked at the store as a pharmacist until the death of his father Edward in 1984.
It has been designated a Heritage Building by the City of Thorold.