Thorold – A Bicycle Friendly Community
In August 2010, a bike friendly communities program was launched in Canada by the Share the Road Cycling Coalition in partnership with the Washington based League of American Bicyclists. The City of Thorold has since received a bronze designation by the program.
While cycling the Greater Niagara Circle Route, Thorold is the perfect place to stop. The Lock 7 Viewing Centre is located along the Welland Canal Parkway Trail. From there you can ride .8 km through our tree-lined streets as you make your way to our Historic Downtown to friendly shops, cycling friendly accommodations, restaurants and cafés. Several bicycle racks are installed in the downtown area for your bike parking convenience.
For more information about cycling in Thorold visit the Niagara Cycling Tourism Centre.
Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Explore the richness of Thorold’s conservation areas. These protected lands offer such activities as fishing, hiking, wildlife watching, equestrian trails and mountain biking.
Play a round of golf at one of Thorold’s public golf courses or visit one of the many golf course in the area. With 48 golf courses, Niagara Region has the greatest concentration of golf facilities anythere in Canada!
In the City of Thorold, there is never a shortage of recreational activities to experience.
Recreational Events Listing
Stay tuned to the many recreational events in and around Thorold!
Recreational Things To Do in Thorold
- Cycle the Greater Niagara Circle Route
- Splash Pads are for Families
- Hike along the trails of Short Hills Provincial Park
- Summer Time is Pool Time
- Connect with nature at St. Johns Conservation Area
- Fish at nearby Lake Gibson
- Catch the Thorold Blackhawks and Athletics in action
- Boat along Chippawa Creek
- Practice your short game at the Fox Run Golf Course
- Picnic at Memorial Park
- Golf an 18-hole at Brock Golf Course
- Bird-watch at Mel Swart Lake Gibson Conservation Park
- Climb the Niagara Escarpment
- Celebrate at Battle of Beaverdams Park
- Thorold Lions Club - Bike Repair Stations