Situated at 20 Pine Street North, the authentic grain mill was constructed in 1846 by Jacob Keefer, Thorold’s first postmaster and son of George Keefer, founder of Thorold.
It was located on the 2nd Welland Canal (opened in 1845); a pond and wharf on the north side allowed ships to load and unload wheat and flour. When it began operation the mill was the largest of its kind in Canada, capable of producing 300 barrels of flour per day. When the mill ceased operation in 1926 it was owned by the Maple Leaf Milling Co.
In 2007, the building was carefully restored for residential and business use.
Recognized by the Ontario Heritage Foundation and listed on the Register of Canadian Historic Places.