Arts and Culture
Live theatre, outdoor concerts and musical festivals… just a small sampling of the entertainment that Thorold has to offer.
Enjoy theatre? Attend an entertaining and skilled production staged by the talented members of the Thorold Community Theatre.
Fond of concerts? Relax in a beautiful and historic park and listen to the melodious sounds of Canada’s oldest community ensemble, the fifty piece Thorold Reed Concert Band. Playing every Wednesday evening from 7:30 – 8:30pm or until dusk at the Battle of Beaverdams Parks from mid June to mid August.
Every fall, experience the energy of the Canal Bank Shuffle, a blues celebration that swings into town and takes the city by storm making Thorold the unofficial Blues Capital of Canada.
In Thorold, hospitality and dining is a pleasant experience. Diverse restaurants, clubs, bistros and cafés offer something to satisfy every taste – from an Italian feast to roadhouse fare. Or discover the friendly atmosphere and down-home cooking of a family restaurant or local pub.
Thorold’s revitalized downtown streetscape is bringing in curious shoppers and residents. Newly renovated buildings are quickly filling up. Shopkeepers offer everything from fashion apparel and shoes to gifts and jewellery. Downtown Thorold has definitely become a destination for visitors looking for a unique “Old Town” experience – and Front Street does not disappoint!
For more information about the shops and services, visit Thorold Business Improvement Area Association.
Did you know there is a Drive-in theatre in Thorold? For an affordable and fun night out, relive your childhood or start you own family tradition at Can-View Drive In.
Fall is the perfect time to take a family trip to Howells Family Pumpkin Farm for a hay ride or a visit to the Haunted Spook Barn.
How about stock car racing? Good times are in store for motorsport enthusiasts at Merrritville Speedway – another summertime family tradition, right here in Thorold.
Inspirational Events Listing
Come out to the many events in and around Thorold and be inspired!
Inspirational Things To Do in Thorold
- Battle of Beaverdams Park Setting the Stage
- Canal Bank Shuffle present TWO great shows in April 2018
- Discover Thorold on a Walking Tour
- Attend live theatre at Thorold Community Theatre
- Puppy Parade Marches in Downtown Thorold
- Living Canadian flag event in Port Robinson
- Thorold Celebrates to the Beat of its Own Rhythm with Blues on the Battlefield Festival
- Thorold's Role in Decisive Victory in War of 1812
- Play at Howells Family Pumpkin Farm
- Savour Chefs Williams' menu at renamed Karma Kameleon Gastropub
- Shop and stroll in Downtown Thorold
- Listen to live Blues music
- Experience the Old Town atmosphere of Historic Downtown
- Line up at the Moose and Goose
- Enter the world of Shannon Passero
- Taste authentic Italian goodness
- Go to the Drive-In Theatre
- Picnic at Memorial Park
- Feel the need for speed at Merrittville Speedway
- Book a room with one of our accommodation partners
- Eat heartily at Pasta Night